Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sharing the love

I looked around frantically for someone to notice the miracle happening right in front of their eyes--didn't anyone care that my baby was moving her little fingers right along with "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" at library storytime? Usually content with just watching everyone else do the movements, here she was, blossoming and growing and being SO DANG CUTE, and there was no one to share the moment with me.

Then I looked down at Lily, and she was giggling and covering her mouth with her hands, watching Maya. Our eyes met, and she smiled really big and pointed to Maya as if to say, "Look! She's doing it!" Oh, my goodness. I almost couldn't stand the way my heart swelled inside me with appreciation and love for my little mini-mommy who loves Maya almost as much as I do.

It made me realize how lucky I am to have grandmas close by, who can watch my kids grow and learn and love them with me. It made me appreciate my husband and the bond we share from parenting as partners. And it made me realize I needed to write this down--even if just in a blog--so I would never forget the special moment that Lily and I shared that day.

4 comments:

  1. That is so lovely! What a tender moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture w/ Lily & Maya in it!i just can`t stand it its so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like the one w/ all of us in it too!!

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. I had a moment like that recently where Abbey was watching out for Parker on the playground like a mother hen... It's good to stop and take note, I think (to remember during the times when everything is not so rosy :)

    ReplyDelete