Sunday, February 22, 2009

It seems like just yesterday...

I must have heard my mom say that a thousand times. "It seems like just yesterday I was in middle school, and now I have a kid in middle school." Or, "It seems like just yesterday you were a newborn baby." This was usually followed by the warning: "Just wait and see. You'll blink, and it'll happen to you, too."

And she was right! (As usual, right, Mom?) I blinked, and now I have three kids of my own, and even they won't stay small. They are already flying through their little lives at a breathtaking pace. Examples:

Cami learned to ride a two-wheeler last summer on the little 12-inch bike she'd had forever after we took the training wheels off. What she really wanted to ride, though, was the brand new big bike my parents and brothers gave her. She just couldn't get it, though, so we put it away for the winter. The sun has been out quite a bit this week, so we pulled it back out, with exciting results:




And how about Lily? It's one thing to know how to read, and it's another thing entirely to be "a reader." Lily has officially arrived. We can't check out enough chapter books for her at the library, and the other night she stayed up after I turned the lights out to finish Frog and Toad Are Friends in one sitting. As a veteran late-night reader myself, it just warms my heart!

Even my baby won't stay a baby for me. Lately Maya's favorite activity has been doing those toddler board puzzles where the pieces have the pegs in them. She's so pleased every time she gets a piece right! I just don't know if I can stand how big she's getting.

The worst part is, I'm already telling my kids, "It seems like just yesterday..."

Please, kids, no blinking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Did you see? You're the winner of the beanie and Large flower on angelasaccessories.blogspot.com! Come claim your prize by emailing us your address at angelasaccessories@gmail.com. The prize will be waiting. We'll look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again for taking the time to enter our giveaway!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete