Friday, February 13, 2009

An Addition to my Mommy Toolbox

So there was this cute little girl in Cami's kindergarten class who always had her hair in the most outrageously complicated and beautiful hairdos. Cami hinted at how she wanted to have hairdos like hers until I saw the french braid heart that must have taken three hours. I told her flatly that she would never have hair like that because a) I can't, and b) who would want to spend the time?

Well, thanks to Heather, who sent me to a blog called The Story of A Princess And Her Hair, Cami got a for-dummies version of a Valentine heart hair-do this morning that took me 11 minutes, start to finish. I'll know next time to use product and more water, but I was pretty pleased with the results, if I do say so myself!



Lily's turned out okay (found the link to Jackie & Kassie's Sweet Hair Do's at the above hair blog). She has a lot less hair than Cami, so I did something different (that I thought would be easier). Again, next time, product would really do a lot for holding her hair in place instead of flying all over everywhere and coming undone when I'm halfway through and basically driving me crazy.



So a big thank you to Heather and those awesome hair artists from my two happy girls today!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think you did a wonderful job. Don't show this to Sophia. She will be highly upset with her nanny. She got a pink bow, because her nanny was fresh out of red ones. :( We should fire the nanny... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I think yours turned out better than mine. My girls are happy to have Valentines day over to do their own hair! Ha ha wait till I find another one to do!

    ReplyDelete