

Of course, the next morning, Cami and Lily both begged me to just give them "regular hairdos" since they'd had to sit through my experiments two mornings in a row. I guess I must have "forgotten" to take a picture of Lily's--it was an adaptation gone bad. Oh, well.
2. When Cami came home from school on Friday and I asked to see her Valentines, she directed me to her backpack. I reached in and pulled out a bag of Valentines cards--the very same ones we had finished the night before for all her classmates. Apparently, she didn't see them in her backpack at first glance and assumed that they were at home (keep in mind that she'd asked her teacher the day before if she had to bring Valentines because she hadn't done them yet--thanks, Cami). Honestly, it doesn't matter if I got up early to do her hair cute and arrive at the classroom with cupcakes in hand and Valentines cards neatly in her backpack--I still manage to look like the airhead I'm so busy pretending not to be!
3. Ryan and I were invited to our very first High Priest Group activity on Saturday night, a Valentine's Day dinner. Somehow, we managed to get out the door 25 minutes late and pretty casually dressed. During the excruciating (45-second long) drive from our house to the church, I managed to work myself into a knot over how late we were and the fact that we were probably underdressed. Then we started laughing when we pulled into the parking lot and realized that, despite the plethera of minivans that usually dominate the church lot, ours was the only one there among all the other cars that night. Halfway down the hallway to the gym door, mirth turned to panic: we looked at each other, whispered, "Should we just go out instead?" and ran. And I do mean ran. At least we're still young enough to get out the door before anyone saw us.
We enjoyed an elegant plate of french toast at Elmer's instead. Ah, romance.
Ha ha ha that is great! At least I know I'm not alone! Great story.
ReplyDelete