Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Sunny Spring Day in Oregon

Here in the sunny state of Oregon, any day that it's not raining in the spring is considered a warm day. You know, a play outside kind of day. So, holding our breath that we could actually believe the no-rain forecast, we headed to playgroup at a local park. We and one other family ventured out for about an hour and a half, at which point I noticed Maya's hands were blue and decided to call it quits.

Then Ryan and I decided we should take advantage of our only day home during Cami's spring break and get together for lunch, since Cami usually misses those outings. Having not been outside himself but admiring the sunshine, he optimistically suggested the McDonald's playland. I somehow had already repressed the memory of that morning and told him that was a great idea. We shoveled our food in record time and sat in the car to talk.

Next came an ill-fated attempt at going to the gym. (I could have sworn the child care opened at 4:00--they must have just changed it today to 4:30. Yes, that must be it!) I couldn't wait around until 4:30 because I needed to make dinner for a family with a new baby, so I decided to multi-task. I would deliver the aforementioned meal on foot, with the older girls on bikes and Maya in a stroller, and I even devised a plan to take a short-cut path I'd never seen but heard about to get us there quicker. Aren't I clever? (This is where you say uh-oh.)

Let's just cut to the part where I discover that the path is gravel (remember we have two small bikes and a stroller), or the part where I discover that the path dead-ends well before we reach my friend's house, or how about the part where my girls are tired and cold a good part of a mile before we get back home? (We'll leave out the bleeding elbows and twisted ankle for now.) At any rate, I think I have had just about enough of the great outdoors to last me a while.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. That's the best word for that. :) Oh, and WHERE THE HECK IS SPRING?

    Ry

    ReplyDelete