
This CD has been so amazing for our family! It all started when Ryan and I were browsing the music section at Deseret Book. Ryan saw this CD and got really excited. The high council always has a table at the seminary scripture chase, and he wondered how many scriptures he could memorize before then (a couple months out).
So we bought it, and he started listening to only this CD all the way to and from work, every day. Pretty soon he was singing the songs and having us listening to them and we (the girls and I) started listening to them to.
In the end, Ryan was able to stand up with the few seminary students who had memorized all 25 scriptures by the scripture chase. (Shhh, don't tell him I told you this, but he ended up singing Ether 12:27 in front of the whole scripture chase and had people cheering for him--it was kinda fun.) :) Plus, all of the girls (even Maya) have quite a few of them memorized. Two fun examples: this morning, Lily remembered she had the scripture in Primary and rattled Moroni 7:45 off the top of her head, and then while we were camping last weekend, Ryan and I heard Maya roll over in the morning and mumble "WickEDness, never WAS happiness!" in her sleep. We almost woke her up cracking up.
Our family has benefited in other ways, too. My previous weapon against the kids' bickering was to start singing "Kindness Begins with Me," but now I had a new tool: making THEM sing 3 Nephi 11:29. You should have seen the looks on their faces the first time their brains connected their arguing with the words they were singing: "he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me but is of the devil..." Too funny.
And I just don't think I can put a price on a husband who has scriptures on the brain morning, noon and night. I really feel like all of the going around rocking out to scriptures has brought a good (and hopefully not TOO irreverent) spirit into our home.
LOVE it!! that is now tucked away into my file for future family files. And yes... I meant for it to have the alliteration ;)
ReplyDelete:) That is awesome! Did you know that Natalie got approached to set some of the Scrip. Mastery to music and never did it. Funny. I was sure that someone would do it!
ReplyDelete