Monday, June 8, 2009

Lack of ejookayshun

Oh, my. Cami was describing a vehicle that she and her friend were making out of a cardboard box, but they were going to "cheat" and stick their feet out the bottom and make it go by running. I said, "Oh, like the Flintstones!"

"Mom, what is 'Flintstones'?" Eek! Even as I type this, she's reading over my shoulder: "Mom, do you say it Flynnstones or Flintstones?"

Help! What do they teach these kids in school today anyway? Excuse me while I head over to YouTube to close this sad gap in my child's rearing.

3 comments:

  1. lol I do that all of the time, but with my girlfriends. :) SInce my kids are young, I tend to hang with the young moms, and they are like, what is that? :) Yes, my favorite is to say how I remember going to the movie store and renting the VHS movie and the VCR to go with it. Dad would bring it home in a suit case! :)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just switched from The Dish to DirectTV and I am so pleased that we get a channel called Boomerang. It shows all of my childhood cartoons -- smurfs, huckleberry hound, flinstones, scooby-doo. It has been a blast watching my kids enjoy those shows.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous, Amy! I'm just feeling lucky that with the switch over to digital, we are finally getting PBS in well enough to watch again!

    ReplyDelete