Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Lilybug!

Well, we're wrapping up our month of birthdays. I think I'm on a permanent sugar high from all the cake and ice cream that's passed through my house in just the past few days: Maya's birthday Friday, cake and ice cream. Saturday, leftover cake, plus cupcakes Cami brought home from a friend party. Sunday, threw away the leftover cake just in time to have a different party with a sheet cake and, of course, ice cream. Sent the leftover cake home with other people and made a new cake that night for Lily's friend birthday party today. Still looking at the leftovers. And the cupcakes Cami brought home from a friend's party this afternoon. SO GLAD it's over. We've wasted so much cake, too, but I guarantee it would have been worse if we would have consumed it all. Next year I'm going to freeze a batch of cupcakes and take a few out at a time.

So, let's talk about the cake for today. Have you ever been in a hurry to get something done, so you were sloppy, and that made it go a lot slower and made a bigger mess? Okay, here's Lily's princess castle cake from today:


The whole top section started falling apart, and I should really feel lucky it didn't just slide off altogether. The great thing about screwing up the cake so bad was that then I stopped fretting over the details, and just handed it over to the girls for decorating. They did a great job, had so much fun, and I was able to work on other stuff for the party instead of painting ice cream cones with frosting. Lily didn't know the difference, and actually probably liked her own creation better. Mom has learned her lesson (hopefully). Either way, Lily had a great time with her friends.

Cami got to hang out with her friend whose little sister was invited to the party.

Cami enjoying (more) cake with Aunt Stefanie at the family party for Lily, Maya and Uncle Brady.

Maya trying out her new puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa.

Lily is crowned Royal Birthday Girl and revels in presents, all compliments of Aunt Jill.

Lucky me, I have two and a half whole weeks until Cami's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! Thank you so much for keeping this blog up to date - it is so much fun to see the girls. I love the mascara pics - too cute!
    Gramma Niecee

    ReplyDelete