Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break, part 2

I'm supposed to be at the gym right now, but I thought this was more important. Okay, not true. But I'm just plain tired, and this sounds a lot easier than the Contact Kickboxing class I was going to try this morning. I'm still recovering from Cardio Kickboxing on Tuesday, for crying out loud!

I guess I'm working backward on Spring Break, mostly because I only had pictures for the last part. At the beginning of the week, my mom and dad took my girls skiing for a couple days with them.

Wait, I should back up a little. My parents started taking Cami on this annual ski trip when she was four, and ever since, Lily has been anxiously awaiting her turn to start going, too. So to say that I had two years' advance notice about this trip would not be an exaggeration. Guess when I decided to outfit her for the trip? Last summer during my pick of garage sales? Last fall at WalMart when winter stuff was on sale? This winter at thrift shops, after people donated this season's stuff? No, no, I was at GI Joe's (excuse me, Joe's) the Saturday night before Spring Break. Keeping in mind that it was the very end of the season and also amidst the big rush for everyone's final winter sports hurrah, it should have been no surprise that there were NO kids' gloves and only two choices for bibs: some overpriced name brand or cheaply-made (luckily they were well-stocked in goggles). After forking out an arm and a leg, I took these new treasures home and sent them off with Grandma and Grandpa Monday morning.

Okay, so fast forward to Wednesday evening when my girls are coming home. Here they come, one skiier, and one...swimmer. Cami had spent two days on the slopes, for five or so hours at a time. They said they could hardly drag her off the mountain. Lily, on the other hand, had donned her pricey new getup, gotten up on the mountain with her rented skis and lift ticket, and was done after 45 minutes. Yep, less than an hour, and she just couldn't take it any more. So Grandma took her back to the condo and they swam and hot-tubbed their way through the next couple days (in sub-50 degree weather). And now Lily can swim!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Lily! I lasted that long on the mountain too! Course she may give it longer next year. What a fun time with Grandparents.

    ReplyDelete