Saturday, April 25, 2009

I've finally collected the complete set!

In our house, it's a big deal when our girls get to start wearing makeup. Wait, that hasn't happened yet. Officially. Instead, they've had to take matters into their own hands at the ripe old age of 22 months, give or take.


Perhaps that is the exact age when their (a) interest in imitating my actions, (b) ability to open the screw-top mascara lid, and (c) sneakiness sufficient to slip unnoticed into my bathroom for a few minutes all converge.

Whatever it is, I am happy to say that all three of my girls now have this picture in their files, ready and waiting with the naked bathtub pictures to be produced with flourish at some particularly embarrassing moment by their mother.


PS I swear I didn't suggest the idea of getting into my mascara to Maya, even though I was kind of wondering if I would ever get that picture of her. I mean, if I was going to set her up, wouldn't I have put her in that same outfit Cami and Lily both happened to be wearing? Now that I think about it, I should probably just get rid of that outfit, just because of its associations with troublemaker behavior. See kids, what you wear DOES influence your actions!

3 comments:

  1. Classic pictures. Mine are of eye shadow! Funny how they all have the same ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I hope my girls never try that. They get to do blush while I am doing my make up, just to keep them out of my hair. :) But I hope that they never do the mascara thing. It looked painful! :) thanks for blogging so I can catch up on ya every once in a while :!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I am a major klutz when it comes to mascara and am constantly poking myself in the eye. That's why I've been surprised that none of these experiences were "painful" for them--except the part where I took the mascara away, I guess!

    ReplyDelete