Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm walkin' on sunshine...first day of school!




That title probably implies that I'm so happy to have my kids back in school that I'm just over-the-top giddy. While it is nice to be back in our routine, and we have all been squabbling a little bit after spending so much quality time together, I really miss my girls while they are gone! And now I realized just how much help they've been over the summer, playing with Maya and holding the baby for me "for just a minute!"


Nope, not the kids being gone, I just can't get over how great I'm feeling about this school year. I LOVE all the teachers, our last-minute piano change fell neatly into place, I was able to switch Maya into a different time at preschool that fit better with our new late-start Wednesday schedule...I'm just ending this first day of school as a very happy mom. What a great feeling.


Cami has a great new teacher that we've never had, but she's already impressed me with rave reviews from previous parents, scheduling a home visit for the end of this week, and wanting to discuss Cami's particular needs in the classroom. Lily has two teachers, one each for Spanish and English. The Spanish teacher we had for Cami for only a couple of months (and we liked her then), and the English teacher is possibly my favorite we've ever had so far. I cannot say enough good things about her.


These pictures also show off their new hairstyles a little better than the last ones, and we will be using them to show Lily how her modeling poses are rubbing off on her impressionable little sister. :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment