Friday, October 8, 2010

Magic

Well, you'd think my re-entry into blogging again would be more substantial, but Ryan took the camera with him for the weekend, so I'm just going to have to give this a whirl on my own. :)

Has anyone else felt a little blah about your birthdays as you've grown older? Some years are pretty good, some more blah-ish, but I can remember wishing that my birthdays still had that sparkle they had when I was little. I must have wished on the right star this year, because that little-kid giddiness lasted an entire weekend!

I'm not sure what it was--my family is always great about celebrating with cake and thoughtful presents, but this year was just amazing! Maybe since I'm pregnant (oops, did I mention that yet?), all the great food just really hit the spot, and my mom really went the extra mile. She asked what kind of dinner and cake I would like, and then proceeded to make two versions of the chicken salad I asked for, and BOTH cakes that I mentioned as possibilities. And it's not like she ran to WalMart to grab a carrot cake and lemon cake from the bakery (which is probably what I would have done). No, picture to yourselves moist, succulent carrot cake, dotted with mouth-watering bits of raisins and nuts, all smothered in homemade cream cheese frosting. Or a smooth, lemony cake with fresh glaze over the whole thing. Absolute YUM!

Throw in a date with my husband, a girls-night dinner, my sweet girly-o's making me cards and crowns, and beyond-imagination pampering presents--Avon, massage, Willow Tree nativity creche (the last and coveted piece of my nativity set), pedicure, new book, friends plastering my front door with birthday fun, the bike trainer I was craving for the winter--seriously, I felt so loved. I'm thinking 32 is going to be a really good year.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, you're so young!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday -- I'm hoping this year is your best yet!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear about your wonderful birthday! :) You deserved it! :) Congrats on the pregnancy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday my friend!! I am so behind in the blogging world! I want your exact birthday celebration come Feb.25th. What do I need to do to make that happen?? Sounded WON-derful and you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete