We had the girls' conferences with their teachers yesterday, the first day off, and they went really well. Besides the part where I felt like I was back in school, explaining why we've been too busy for Cami to get her Spanish reading done every day like she was supposed to. Oops! Poor girl has a lifetime of fighting her airheaded-ness just like her mom. (I suppose I'm opening the door for a bunch of blonde jokes here,
One of their little friends is a built-in extra sister this week since her mom has to work a couple days, and then today they played at her house all day. Too much fun! Mom and Maya took the chance to go get some good deals with coupons while they were gone...
We've also already had the first of two birthday parties to go to and rode bikes to two different parks, so we're well on our way to filling up our Break with too many activities! Hopefully I'll post some more fun (with pictures, even?) later on as my post title suggests.
I totally get the reading thing. I tell Kelsey's teachers up front that if I have to sign something every day that it will be stamped with my name but Kelsey will be the one stamping it when she's done with her reading. I just can't do it. She gets docked points if it's not signed and I hate to be the cause of that so I let her do it.
ReplyDeleteHave a fun break! James has a few days off right now and Kelsey has her break in April.