Thursday, January 28, 2010

Maya's 1st Haircut (I think)

Hey, I'm almost positive I've never taken a swipe at that girl's hair with scissors. Almost. But either way, it was definitely her first hair appointment, and we celebrated the occasion with a little clip of hair in a well-labeled envelope.

My friend Molly cuts my hair (and that's it, right, Molly? wink, wink), and she's now done an amazing job on each of my girls. Cami came out of her haircut a few months ago with the idea that she needed to do a commercial for the salon "because it looks so good!" She transformed Lily's overgrown, limp straw hair into a gorgeous chin-length cut that brought back curls we never knew she had. And now Maya has bangs!


Isn't she adorable? The photo quality is awful, and actually her hair is messy, but you still get the idea. By the time I found the cord that attaches my phone to the computer and uploaded the pictures, it was too late to take new ones. Maybe later.

We talked about the idea of her getting a haircut back when she came to Lily's appointment a couple months ago, and she hadn't stopped talking about it since: "I'm ditteen a hair-tut!" she would tell perfect strangers. So when I realized Lily needed a trim, I made them both an appointment.

Lily got hers cut first, and then Maya climbed right up into that big chair. She was pretty serious for the whole thing. I think she liked seeing herself in the mirror, but she was kind of shy around Molly. Very well-behaved, though.

She was so funny about having her hair in her face. Molly had to help her get her hands out from under the big drapey thingy (the technical term, obviously) so she could brush the hair away. And I wish I had a picture of her sticking out her lips in an effort to keep the cut hair out of her mouth. It was really funny.

I really think this is a perfect look for her. In fact, I was looking through the pictures for this post and saw a before (no-bangs) picture and thought, Oh, look at that poor bare forehead! I think we'll keep this for a while. And next time I'll make sure that the pictures where her hair is actually done turn out.

1 comment: