Monday, May 4, 2009

The late night blues

My mommy crystal ball gets a little fuzzy in the middle of the night.

If it had been working properly, I may have anticipated--and prevented--the meltdown being so passionately performed behind me right now.

Maya woke up about a half hour ago coughing, and about the third time I got out of bed, I decided to go rock her sweetly in a steamy bathroom while the shower ran hot next to us. Oops. Little Miss I'm-Almost-Two decided that she wanted to take a bath, bubbles included please, and when I said no (it was hot! I was tired! Gimme a break!), she went into the first full-blown tantrum I've seen from her yet. Kicking the floor. Screaming (she's already coughing, it ain't pretty, people). Turning bright red in the face.

When she started hitting me, I decided she could finish the tantrum on her bedroom floor and I would vent to all of you. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

  1. grrr... it was a spectacular sight. Even Dad tried to put her in a headlock and rock her to sleep. That did no good, but when she finally went back to bed, somehow I slept through the 5am repeat.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! GLAD IT IS NOT JUST ME AND MY KIDS!:) dON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE LIMITS TO THE SWEETNESS WE WANT TO GIVE THEM AT 5 AM ETC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we had the same kind of night but mine was with an eleven month old! Crazy. I can only be so nice. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete