
"Mom, I'm going to make a list for Kindergarten. Backpack, check! [She got one at orientation.]"
...
"Mom, how do you spell ory-gantation again?... Check!"
...
"I wrote down a new dress for the first day of Kindergarten, but I didn't put the check because I didn't get it yet. Can we get it today?"
[No, I say. There's plenty of time before Kindergarten starts.]
"Okay, how about tomorrow?"
Ryan had a great time, as usual, at yet another school function where he was out in the hall with Maya. It makes more sense (even to him) for me to stay in the meeting since I'm the one who handles the school stuff most of the time. What doesn't make sense to him is why I keep insisting that he goes. I've explained to him that it's important to me that we are both there to support our kids at their school events, and that I want the teachers to know that we are committed as a family to their education, yada yada yada.

Here she is in front of the school after escaping the meeting with Dad.
Then I started to see his point last night while we were talking to Lily's teacher, who also had Cami for Kinder. She was laughing and saying she remembered him taking Maya out in the hall when she was a brand-new baby when we came two years ago for Cami. Hmmm...maybe Dad and Maya should stay home the next time, now that we've earned a reputation.
Ha Ha we do the same thing! When will I learn?
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so smart! I love that checklist. Oh Lily! I hope she gets a very special dress to wear to kindergarten.
ReplyDeleteCarrie Buffington