Monday, February 14, 2011

1st grade curse and other Valentine craziness

Two years ago, when Cami was in first grade, she came home and told me she hadn't been able to pass out her Valentines (you know, the ones we had stayed up late addressing) because they weren't in her backpack. I walked over to her backpack, pulled the sack of cards out of the bottom, and asked if she meant THOSE
Valentines.

Fast forward to this year. Fifteen minutes ago, first-grade Lily walked in the door and announced that she hadn't been able to pass out her Valentines because they weren't in her backpack. I walked over to her backpack, reached down to the bottom, thought "@@!?*%?!" and said, "then where are they???" We retraced her steps and found them on her bedroom floor--never mind that I had handed them to her at the front door while she was holding her backpack! Sigh.

Luckily they had super-cute hair, so no worries!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha I can so relate...no wonder we always have missing homework! Love the hair. Each year I beg someone to let me braid their hair. So far no luck. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete