Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Random tidbits (no pics--sorry, Mom)

I decided too late this morning that I wanted to go do some coupon shopping before Maya's nap, so of course I went anyway. At my first store of three stops, after I've been wrestling her the whole time, Maya is screaming and pointing as we approach the register, "I want that! I want that!" She can be a little rough sometimes, but usually not this bad. I smile at the checker and tell him I guess this is what I get for taking her shopping during lunchtime and naptime. He just glares. Oh, goody. I pull through a drive-thru, hoping it will subdue her for our next stops, and then I park so I can make a phone call while we eat. After being on hold for seven minutes, I'm finally talking to someone and Maya's saying something in the background, but I'm too busy to listen. What I hear next catches my attention, though--she's wetting her pants in the backseat. I suddenly remember her asking to go potty in the last store and I said we'd go at the next stop. And that must have been what she was just trying to tell me while I was on the phone. So home we go. Unfortunately, I can't even find anyone else to blame.

I did get some good stuff, though--a Gillette razor, 2 packs of nice disposable razors, some John Frieda Dream Curls spray I love for the girls' hair, Listerine (we're just out!), and some eye drops. When my rebate comes in the mail (I already submitted it), I will have paid $1.94 for the whole thing. I'm sure if it had been my Aunt Glenda, she would have been getting money back, but I just can't keep up with her! I love seeing your deals, AG! ;)

Random story: When my brother Mitchell was here yesterday he came to the gym to work out with me. I took him through the workout I had just done with my personal trainer on Friday, and at the end of the first set (of four), my in-shape, strong, healthy, much-younger brother says, "This sucks. This is worse than football!" THANK YOU! Admittedly, this is the worst workout I've had with her yet--I came home in disbelief that I actually paid her to do that to me--but I felt pretty good about myself after he said that. :)

In parting, I have a tip for everyone: go brush and floss. Right now. And make an appointment with the dentist. I have been really bad and kept putting off going to the dentist, so when I finally got there, of course I had cavities. I had the last one filled this morning, and I can really think of better ways to spend an hour. Although as a mom of a two-year old, I must get desperate for "me time," because I sat down in the dentist chair, they left to go do something, and I thought, "This is nice and relaxing!" Yikes. Reminds me of that McDonald's coffee commercial...

2 comments:

  1. LOL. peed her pants. that seriously stinks! :)

    Way to get a trainer! I am jealous. I am also way too cheap to ever do that! :)

    I has a similar McDonald's moment when I went to the grocery store BY my SELF I haven't done that in a LONG LONG time and it was almost therapeutic. (mom therapy is retarded :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say pat yourself on the back for buying lots of great stuff for a couple bucks all while wrangling a toddler! Your are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete