
Lily put some big concentration into her little pumpkin (the one she got on a field trip with school). She told me, "The reason it's so little is because the teachers told us we had to carry our own pumpkin in our bag. So I got a really little one." Good call, Lily.

Lily and her funny smiles just crack me up. There's this one, and then check her out in the next one with the jack o'lanterns.
I call this one her "simpering smile." It looks like she has her eyes closed but they're not; she's just making this horrible sickly sweet smile and making her eyes go all weird. What a goof! :)
See Maya in her pj's? Let's just pretend this photo was taken in the morning, not
We never got around to taking a family picture this year, so I figure this one is as good as anything. I'm right there in the middle (you guys didn't know I'm a vampire?), Ryan with his usual goofy expression on the right, with Maya (crying? talking nonstop? singing?) on the end next to him. Delicate little Lily is on the left end, with Cami and her Hermione-esque whiskers next to me (oh, wait, that was supposed to be Pepper the Poodle). Anyway, there we are! What a beautiful family, no?
The costumes were my favorite part. My sister actually gave me the idea while we were talking about cheap, easy costumes last week. (She probably didn't realize I was so cheap that I'd put all three of them in the same thing, though.) Really, I think "Bathgirl" or "Bedtime girl" or whatever they named themselves is the best costume ever--I pitched in $5 for slippers for the older two that I had considered buying anyway, we already had everything else, and they were the warmest kids out there. I just liked that they were matching and that my biggest contribution was tying the robe belt. Next year I may have to give into their vampire and robot requests, but I don't think one cop-out year every now and then hurts, right?
Maya stayed home from our ward's trunk or treat Friday night but was ready to hit the town Saturday (and by town I mean three streets in our neighborhood). Of course, I'd probably go trick-or-treating too if someone would roll my stroller right up to each porch, let me out, and then tell my sisters to get out of the way so that I could do my cuteness--"Tickerteet!" at every door. Okay, I wasn't actually there, but Ryan said she was adorable, and I'm sure the other girls got turns, too. Of course they had to practice at our house first:
Love, Love, Love your Blog. You are almost as adorable and your kids! ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat costume idea! I think i might try that one next year. OK, wait...do you think James would be willing to don a bathrobe?
ReplyDeleteAdorable girls and adorable video. And the pumpkins were 'smashing' - HA HA!