So, does everyone know who FlyLady is? She was popular a few years ago, and I still really love her! (For those who don't know, she has a free online/email resource to help you stay organized, so free+ online+ for scatterbrained folks=PERFECT FOR ME!) Anyway, I don't do her system every day like I should, but I have gleaned quite a few things from her over the years that I use over and over, and one of them is her "Holiday Control Journal." I love it! If you are a list maker like I am, you will love this. Plus, it helps you to think ahead about the holidays instead of doing things at the last minute. Her idea is that you should be completely ready for Christmas by Dec. 1. (Yes, Kristina, I know you already have everything bought and wrapped, but this isn't for organized, on-the-ball people like you!) :)
I have to up the stakes, though, because we are doing our mistletoe business again this year (you know, the one I swear every year that we will never do again?) and I CANNOT afford to leave my shopping for December. So my goal is to have everything ready the week before Thanksgiving (not my decorations up, but at least get the boxes down from the attic). I am proud to say that I already have one gift purchase shipment on the way, and I am making plans for everything else. And FlyLady is helping me! I've been using this Journal for years and it really helps me--I always print out several sheets of the Holiday Gift List and that's how I keep track of everything. So I just wanted to share, although I'm sure that you guys don't need this kind of help. You are probably only reading this because you already finished hand-sewing your children's Halloween costumes this morning. Good for you. (For everyone else, check out the Holiday Control Journal, and I'll see you Oct. 30 at WalMart--fight you for the last overpriced princess costume!)
PS I just read this over before I punched that "Publish Post" button, and I realized I sound like a commercial. No, I'm not getting paid to advertise for FlyLady. I'm just excited about getting on top of things and thought I'd share. :)
Yes, so my Christmas shopping is pretty much done. But that is because I love to shop, and I love great deals. :) And I am going up for a wedding Nov and want to save on the shipping. (I always do this I am so cheap! - even if I am in March. I always do bday's early too - cause I hate paying to ship things :)
ReplyDeleteBut I am NOT super organized. I am procrastinating cleaning my house and getting the totes off the floor this very min. :)
WHO SAY'S you can't decorate for CHRISTMAS a day or two before thanksgiving? :)
Shipping is a pain. I actually didn't ship the presents I'd bought one year because I never wanted to pay for it.
ReplyDeleteWho says I can't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving? 1) My dad, 2) My husband, and honestly 3) Me. But I'm sure I'll squeeze it in there somewhere. :)
Ha Ha Ha Thank you I'm not the only one. Just printed it off...now if I can fill it in :)
ReplyDeleteOH, this is a much needed thing for me. I am definitely going to check it out. I am always looking for ways to get more organized and the thought of enjoying december a little more sounds amazing. ...and I am planning on decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving... actually today I was walking through Lowes today looking at the Christmas stuff and thought about decorating at the beginning of November! Holding off until Thanksgiving is HARD.
ReplyDelete